If you know me, you know that I am a HUGE snacker! I always need to have something in the afternoon to hold me over until dinner otherwise I will eat the entire kitchen.
When it comes to snacking, I am also impatient and need immediate gratification. These protein balls are incredibly easy to make, they can be made ahead of time and will definitely keep you feeling full with healthy ingredients.
YIELDS: 10-12 balls
2 cups peanuts/almonds (I used 50:50)
1 cup medjool dates, pitted
1 cup cacao powder
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup coconut oil
Dried coconut for rolling
1. Place the nuts into a blender and blend into a fine crumble.
2. Add the dates and process again.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add cacao powder, peanut butter, shredded coconut, salt, water and oil.
4. Mix well using your hands.
5. Roll mixture into 12-16 evenly sized balls, roll in coconut and place into a jar/container.
6. Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks, if they last that long!